F.A.Q. - Frecuently Asked Questions
What is Trust-index?
Trust-index is a way to measure how trusted an item is. Items can be of very different nature (service providers, brands, persons, etc). The mechanism is pretty simple, users can vote each item from 1 (minumum trust) to 5 (maximum trust). An average (the Trust-index) is calculated from all the votes issued. The higher it gets, the higher trust that item is generating on voters.
What is the use of Trust-index?
You may find it useful in the following situations:
- you had a very good or bad experience with a particular brand, person, service provider, etc and you want to share it with others, voting from 1 to 5 and adding a comment.
- you want to find out how reliable an item is and want to read comments on it from real persons.
- there is an item that you would like to rated by users.
- you want to find out for a certain category which item is more trustworthy.
- you make market research on a specific field.
- we will be pleased to hear other uses you may find. Send us an email to email@example.com and tell us!
How can I add a new item to be rated by users?
To add a new item in any category you need to be registered. To do it just click on Register, fill in the data in the form and follow the instructions given. It is free and very easy to do.
What benefits do I get from registration?
Registered users are allowed to:
- add new items to be rated
- add comments to their votes
- more than one user is allowed to vote from the same computer as long as they register
What can I do as an anonymous user?
There two things you can do without registering:
- you can browse any item to check the existing information (trust index, votes, comments, etc)
- you can vote anonymously expresing your trust in any item. However, to keep the trust index reliable only one vote is allowed per computer. If more than one person is using that computer (for example, computers at cybercoffees, libraries, etc), they are required to register to able to vote more than once from the same computer.
How reliable is the Trust-index assigned to any item?
Trust-index by its nature cannot be 100% accurate. However we have tried (and will keep trying hard in the future) to put in place rules to avoid fraud. Our philosophy is to allow "one person one vote" but since checking the identity of each and every user would make the website cumbersome and difficult to use we haved preferred to allow a certain degree of inaccuracy. This inaccuracy decreases as the number of votes gets higher.
Is it foolproof?
No, it is not. As stated before, we have preferred a certain degree of inaccuracy in order to avoid making the system cumbersome and difficult to use. This inaccuracy decreases as the number of votes gets higher. We are all the time making improvements in the voting system to filter out or weight lower those that we believe are frauds.
My company/brand/whatever related to me has been rated a low Trust-index. How can I contact the people that issued the votes?
Basically, you can't. However we can contact the registered users on your behalf. Just tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I change somebody else's vote for an item related to me?
No, only they can as long as they voted in registered mode. However you can try to convince them to do it. Just take into account that communication with any registered user will never be direct. We will contact them on your behalf for whatever purpose.
Is it possible to add new categories?
Yes, if you don't find a suitable one for your item just suggest us one through email at email@example.com and we will create it for you.